We tend to like framing the political moment as “the moment” when everything is coming together. And in a sense, it’s always true: what we live now flows from what came before, so we are always at a juncture between what was and what we are about to make real. There is responsibility in that, and urgency, but repeated disappointments make us forget the moment can be of great consequence. 2015, however, provides a unique opportunity to bring together three major global priorities, in a unified, open brainstorming and coordinating effort, to build a better future.Read more
Report on January 15 Pathway to Paris Direct Engagement Working Session, at Impact Hub in New York City
On Thursday, January 15, 2015, the Pathway to Paris project hosted its first Direct Engagement Working Session, at Impact Hub, in New York City. Citizens from New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, came together to work on a coordinating framework for the coming Paris agreement. They formed working groups, debated policy priorities, and produced working drafts of policy analysis for six focus areas, relating to the global climate negotiations.Read more
We need all hands on deck.
On the day of the UN Climate Summit, Sept. 23, 2014, Citizens’ Climate Lobby released its fully annotated Global Strategy Whitepaper, and launching its effort to pull together a coalition of stakeholders, thought-leaders, businesses, nonprofits and governments, to achieve an economically efficient, value-building plan to price carbon and transition to climate-smart economic and investment policies.
- Date: Tuesday, Sept. 23, 2014
- Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Location: Impact Hub NYC
- Address: 394 Broadway, New York, NY
- URL: ccl.works
- Release Global Strategy whitepaper outlining path to effective climate solution.
- Explain CCL model for coordinated grassroots policy advising.
- Detail proposal to price carbon and build the economy.
- Conference in viewers from around the world.
- Launch effort to build borderless multi-sector coalition of support for carbon pricing solution at the Paris talks in 2015.
- Begin building connections between participants, networks of supporters.
- Dr. James Hansen, Director of Climate Science Awareness and Solutions program, Columbia University Earth Institute
- Joseph Robertson, Citizens’ Climate Lobby Global Strategy Director
- John Hansen, Citizens' Climate Lobby Coalition Development Specialist
- Other invited guests
This event launched PathwayToParis.org, a platform for building a borderless coalition of grassroots and institutional support, a coalition of the working, to achieve the best policy for real people and for our climate future.
If you are working on climate policy, carbon pricing, sustainable development, disaster relief and preparedness, food security, water scarcity or any of the many related areas of interest that will be affected by the Paris climate treaty, please join this coalition and help us to do the heavy lift, to secure an agreement that moves every nation toward a price on carbon that will stave off climate disaster and build a stronger, more resilient economy, locally and globally.
- Eventbrite shortlink: ccl.works
- RSVP and share on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/630240023757338/
- Shortlink for this page: poeteconomist.com/impact
- Event page on Impact Hub Network: newyork.impacthub.net/event/global-climate-strategy-launch/
- PathwayToParis.org events calendar: pathwaytoparis.org/calendar
Please return to this page for updates. A draft of this strategy was the focus of CCL's Scalable Climate Restoration seminar at the World Bank Civil Society Forum, on April 11, 2014.
Also part of our work to launch the Pathway to Paris strategy:
On the morning of the UN Climate Summit, while the heads of state were attending a plenary session, our Voice of the People online forum marked the first in a series of Global Online Policy Forum sessions, that will bring stakeholders and policy-makers together, between now and the Paris COP21 meetings at the end of 2015. The shortlink ccl.buzz will take you to the homepage for this series of events.
Global Online Policy Forum: Stakeholders' Voices and our Climate Future
- Date: Tuesday, September 23, 2014
- Time: 10:00 am ET
- Location: Global video conference, webcast from Impact Hub NYC
- URL: http://ccl.buzz