On the day of the UN Climate Summit, Sept. 23, 2014, Citizens’ Climate Lobby will be releasing a fully annotated Global Strategy Whitepaper, and launching its effort to pull together a coalition of stakeholders, thought-leaders, businesses, nonprofits and governments, to achieve an economically efficient, value-building plan to price carbon and transition to climate-smart economic and investment policies.
Agenda for the Event:
- Release Global Strategy whitepaper outlining path to effective climate solution.
- Explain CCL model for coordinated grassroots policy advising.
- Detail proposal to price carbon and build the economy.
- Conference in viewers from around the world.
- Launch effort to build borderless multi-sector coalition of support for carbon pricing solution at the Paris talks in 2015.
- Begin building connections between participants, networks of supporters.
Speakers to include:
- Dr. James Hansen, Director of Climate Science Awareness and Solutions program, Columbia University Earth Institute
- Joseph Robertson, Citizens’ Climate Lobby Global Strategy Director
- John Hansen, Citizens' Climate Lobby Coalition Development Specialist
- Other invited guests
Join us, to not just talk about solutions, but to directly engage in making a real climate solution possible. Reserve your seat at the table, by joining this event.
- Eventbrite shortlink: ccl.works
- RSVP and share on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/630240023757338/
- Shortlink for this page: poeteconomist.com/impact
- Event page on Impact Hub Network: newyork.impacthub.net/event/global-climate-strategy-launch/
Please return to this page for updates, and to reserve your spot. A draft of this strategy was the focus of CCL's Scalable Climate Restoration seminar at the World Bank Civil Society Forum, on April 11, 2014.
New York , NY
Google map and directions